Jon EP

Open project in same view as when closed

9 posts in this topic

It would be great if there were a way to save the view that the project is in when you close NVIVO, so that the next time you open the program you can pick up right where you left off.

1 person likes this

I agree, this is an absolute necessity for future updates. I spend far too much time resetting source and nodal tree views when I first open a project file and when Nvivo crashes after failed queries.

1 person likes this

Agree!!

1 person likes this

I still think this would be a very useful feature - I find myself spending lots of time opening internals, opening nodes, etc., before returning to coding. Also, I'd love to be able to just leave my project in the midst of coding and pick up where I left off.

Thanks for considering it!

Agreeing totally with the above, I would like to add that it's also highly problematic that panel sizes within a window are reset when pressing undo (crtl + z). I do analysis of prosody in my transcription, and daily resize the transcription window and panels within it (so PLEASE follow the suggestion in this thread) and when I occasionally make mistakes and press 'undo' NVIVO not only 'undoes' my previous action, but also resizes panels to their default size. Can I add "AARGH" to emphasise my annoyance?