Darren McDonald

Changes Return to Default when Re-opening NVivo Project - Audio Transcription Layout

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

Sort of following on from what Mr_Tobi posted in the Mac Suggestions Forum:

http://forums.qsrinternational.com/index.php?showtopic=5743

When I change the layout settings - by dragging - so Mac like :) - of the audio transcript layout - i.e. have the order changed to Speaker>Transcript>Start Time>End Time - save and close the project, then re-open the project, the layout is reverted back to the default Start Time>End Time>Transcript>Speaker.

This is an issue for me as I prefer to have my layout with the "Speaker" in the first left-hand side column as it is easier for me when I am coding.

For your reference, I have included screenshots of the changes I made and saved and then how NVivo returns to the default settings when I re-open the NVivo project.

Since Mr_Tobi has pointed a similar issue, but within a different function, it seems to be an application-wide issue.

Am I doing something wrong? I could not find anything in "Help" about changing the layout in the audio transcription. If this is a technical bug, could this be corrected?

Oh, by the way, I really appreciate that the default setting in the Mac version of NVivo has the Time, Transcript and Speaker settings. The Mac version has one over on the Windows version. :)

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers! :)

Darren

post-139-0-69992100-1438492630_thumb.jpg

post-139-0-19441000-1438492686_thumb.jpg

Hi Darren - thanks for this suggestion. Persisting settings when you close/reopen NVivo is definitely on our radar. Your feedback helps to move it up the priority list :)

So glad you like the default columns for Time, Transcript and Speaker - that suggestion came from the user community.

1 person likes this

Hello Kath,

I am glad my postings are not an annoyance and actually help move development of functions up the priority list. :P

And what a wonderful Mac user community to come up with the default setting for the columns for Time, Transcript Speaker! :)

I will follow tradition and try to offer such suggestions as well. :)

Cheers! :)

Darren

1 person likes this