kkrifelj

Can I merge sources inside the same project?

6 posts in this topic

Hello!

I am working on an NVivo server project and my colleagues made copies of sources inside the same project and then did additional coding in both the old and new sources.

All of the coding is valid, I just want all the coding in one internal.

Possible?

Hi,

If your sources are text documents, you can simply cut the text from sources and paste into the desired source. You can then delete the empty sources.

I would recommend that you create a copy of the project before trying this, so that you can go back if the results don't suit you.

Regards,

Bhupesh

The problem is, it's the same interview text. So if I cut and paste, it'll be double text. I'm not sure how that would help me.

The interviews are the exactly the same, they are just in different locations in the same file and have additional coding. It's not repeat coding. A1COPY and A1ORIGINAL are the same interview - I doubt they have been edited. But there are new codes in A1COPY and since the copy was made, there are new codes in A1ORGINAL. So if I could merge the coding, I would be all set.

Thanks so much!

Hi,

You may find following method helpful.

1. Export A1Copy and related nodes to a new project. (http://help-nv11.qsrinternational.com/desktop/procedures/export_selected_items_to_a_new_project.htm)

2. Delete A1Copy and related nodes from original project.

3. Either rename A1Copy in new project to A1Original or rename A1Original to A1Copy in original project. Make sure location and names of both files(and folders) is exactly same.

4. Merge new and original projects. (http://help-nv11.qsrinternational.com/desktop/procedures/import_items_from_another_nvivo_project.htm)

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Bhupesh