jorich71

Running even more advanced queries

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm finding that the query functionalities are (may?) be insufficient for my project's purposes. For example, I'd like to return counts of nodes where criteria from classification attributes are met. So...

SELECT * from EntireProject WHERE ClassificationAttributeA = X AND ClassificationAttributeB = Y RETURN NodeCounts

Yet it appears Nvivo is mostly geared toward returning text as opposed to returning counts. Is there a way of running more sophisticated queries such as COUNTS and INNER JOINS/OUTER JOINS within Nvivo? If not, is there a way to export the data so that queries could be run in a separate application, ie. Access or even Excel?

Thanks,

Josh

Hello Josh,

This may be achieved by running a matrix coding query by selecting an Attribute Condition A in a row and selecting another Attribute Condition B in a column.

After the results are displayed, right click anywhere on the results screen and select Cell Content -> Cases coded -> All Cases. This should display the number of nodes for the query criteria.

Please refer to the below link for more information: http://help-nv11.qsrinternational.com/desktop/procedures/run_a_matrix_coding_query.htm#MiniTOCBookMark3

I hope this helps,

Kind Regards,

Sameer S

1 person likes this