• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Richard Clark

Richard Clark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:45 PM

I am coding by drag'n'drop from a PDF into my node list.  The problem is the node list doesn't keep still - it keeps scrolling up and down and it auto-expands any node I hover over for too long. 

Can anyone tell me how to stop this, or at least slow it down?  I don't want it to auto-expand the node list and I need the auto-scrolling to be less jumpy.

Thanks, folks.

#2 QSR Support

QSR Support

Advanced Member

• QSR Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 05:38 PM

Hello Richard,

When dragging and dropping from PDF to code, the node list is meant to move up and down when the cursor is taken to the top or bottom of the list with the selected content. Also, moving the cursor with the dragged content to a parent node will expand the node to show the list of child nodes. This is by design in NVivo 10 for Windows.

To help us obtain a better understanding of your issue, can you please fill out a support form at: http://www.qsrintern...contact-support, mentioning this forum post.

Once we have received your support request, we will be able to assist you further.

Regards,

Rahul Gupta

QSR Support

QSR International Pty Ltd
2nd Floor, 651 Doncaster Road | Doncaster Victoria 3108 Australia

Find answers to your support questions or raise new support requests online at:

http://www.qsrintern...om/support.aspx

#3 Richard Clark

Richard Clark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 06:14 PM

Hi Rahul

Yes, I had guessed that this is a built-in feature.  It's just that it seems to be hyper-responsive on my system.  It goes too fast and I find it impossible to control the movement.  I was wondering if there is a way to slow this down, or swith off this feature.

Meanwhile I have found a work-around - I can drag from the PDF window into the navigation windows on the left, then up so that I am level with the node I want, then when I drag to the right the list does not leap about.

Rather than bother your support staff, I posted my question here as I think the answer may be of interest to other users. 

Regards

Richard

#4 Richard Clark

Richard Clark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 06:16 PM

PS

It would be really handy if this forum had a facility for letting me know when a reply has been posted.

#5 QSR Support

QSR Support

Advanced Member

• QSR Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 05:40 PM

Hi Richard,

You should get an email notification for any reply to this forum post as you are following the post. Can you please check if you are able to locate the forum reply notification email in your Junk or Spam folder? The notification email should be sent to the email address that was used to register your forum account.

Let us know if you do not receive any notification for this reply as well.

Regards,

Rahul Gupta

QSR Support

#6 Richard Clark

Richard Clark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 09:49 PM

Hi Rahul

Sorry for the delay - I did not realise your last post was here until now - which answers your question - no I did not get any notification (and I always check my spam folders regularly).

Richard

#7 QSR Support

QSR Support

Advanced Member

• QSR Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 10:10 AM

Hi Richard,

Can you please click your user name at the top of the window, and click My Settings? Toward the left you should see an option that says Notification Options. Please check these settings to make sure everything looks as expected.

It may also be best to check the Email & Password settings to make the correct email address is there.

Cheers,

Tane

QSR Support

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users