#1 prashanth

prashanth

Casual Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:16 PM

Hi,

I am using Nvivo 10 on a Macbook Pro mid-2010 model using Parallels for Mac. I have been using it successfully for sometime now. However, today when I open ANY of the older versions (created using "Save as copy"), it says "The project "PATH".nvp" could not be opened, due to an unexpected error". I am really devastated by this, because even the backups are not opening. Any of the 4 backups I open also gives the same message.

This happened after I terminated the software, when it crashed on a word document import. After I terminated the application and reopened, this error started. I have already tried logging off Windows as well as restarting. I also tried restarting Parallels as well as restarting the Mac and the error persists. I also scanned the HDD for any errors and none were seen.

I am attaching the screenshot of the error. I would really appreciate if somebody could help me out!

Attached Files

--
NS Prashanth
daktre.com

#2 QSR Support

QSR Support

Advanced Member

• QSR Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:54 AM

Hi Prashanth,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

This type of issue is best handle by contacting ousupport team directly. In your support request please include the project file(s) in question along with any error logs located in the documents folder that looks like this ‘err<date>T<time>.log’.

To send these requested files:

• Navigate to your project file located on your computer
  • Right mouse click on the project file
  • Select Send To > Compressed (Zipped) folder
  • A zipped (compressed) version of your project file will be created. Attach this zipped file to your email

In the meantime, please try saving the project file to your Windows desktop (instead of the documents folder) then see if the problem persists.

I hope this helps and I look forward to your email.

Kind regards,

David Tran

QSR Support

QSR International Pty Ltd
2nd Floor, 651 Doncaster Road | Doncaster Victoria 3108 Australia

Find answers to your support questions or raise new support requests online at:

http://www.qsrintern...om/support.aspx

#3 prashanth

prashanth

Casual Member

• Members
  • Pip