• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mr_Tobi

Mr_Tobi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 11:29 AM

The view setting currently reverts back to the pre-set standard every time you open a new node or source (or reopen the entire project at the start of the day), which means no highlights or codes are displayed.

Could you please add a feature that allows the user to customise this setting. Particularly, it would be helpful to allow 'Highlight' -> 'Coding for All Nodes' to be permanently selected for all sources / nodes. The same goes for 'Coding Stripes' -> 'Nodes Recently Coding'.

It is rather frustrating that I have to select both options every time I enter a new node / source. In bigger projects this slows my work down quite considerably.

I do not know whether I should post this separately but I have a connected suggestion:

Please add a feature that shows all the Coding Stripes for the text currently shown on screen.

It is great that you are already providing so many different options (e.g. show 'Nodes Most Coding' or 'Nodes Recently Coding') but in bigger projects these functions are not sufficient to help me determine which codes/nodes have already been applied to the text (unless I have recently coded the section or it happens to be a frequently used code/node).

In other words, as I scroll down in a long document it would be great if the coding stripes on the right continued to change to what is actually relevant to the text on screen (i.e. selected for the text shown). I know there is a maximum of how many stripes can be shown at once but even if it could only display 7 current stripes that would already help a lot.

Thanks and all the best,

Tobias

#2 rdl

rdl

Casual Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 11:52 AM

+1 for both these ideas

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: View, Coding Stripes, Highlight, Nvivo, Mac

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users