Photo

Changes Return to Default when Re-opening NVivo Project - Audio Transcription Layout

default settings audio transcript layout settings

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Darren McDonald

Darren McDonald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Diversity Management in Japan, Human Resource Management, LGBT Issues in the Workplace, Qualitative Research Methods in Management Studies, Grounded Theory, Social Constructionism, Management Consultancy, Activist-Based Academic Research, Field Research

Posted 02 August 2015 - 03:23 PM

Hello,

Sort of following on from what Mr_Tobi posted in the Mac Suggestions Forum:

http://forums.qsrint...?showtopic=5743

When I change the layout settings - by dragging - so Mac like :) - of the audio transcript layout - i.e. have the order changed to Speaker>Transcript>Start Time>End Time - save and close the project, then re-open the project, the layout is reverted back to the default Start Time>End Time>Transcript>Speaker.

This is an issue for me as I prefer to have my layout with the "Speaker" in the first left-hand side column as it is easier for me when I am coding.

For your reference, I have included screenshots of the changes I made and saved and then how NVivo returns to the default settings when I re-open the NVivo project.

Since Mr_Tobi has pointed a similar issue, but within a different function, it seems to be an application-wide issue.

Am I doing something wrong? I could not find anything in "Help" about changing the layout in the audio transcription. If this is a technical bug, could this be corrected?

Oh, by the way, I really appreciate that the default setting in the Mac version of NVivo has the Time, Transcript and Speaker settings. The Mac version has one over on the Windows version. :)

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers! :)

Darren

Attached Files

Darren M. McDonald
Professor (Human Resource Management)
Department of Business Studies & Informatics
Faculty of Business Administration
Daito Bunka University
1-9-1 Takashimadaira, Itabashi-ku, Tokyo. 175-8571
Tel: +81-(0)3-5399-7462
Fax:+81-(0)3-5399-7463
Mobile: +81-(0)80-4625-0818
Email: darren@ja3.so-net.ne.jp or darren@ic.daito.ac.jp

〒175-8571
東京都板橋区高島平1-9-1
大東文化大学経営学部企業システム学科
ダレン・マクドナルド
Darren M. McDonald
Tel: 03-5399-7462   Fax: 03-5399-7463
携帯電話: 080-4625-0818
Email: darren@ja3.so-net.ne.jp また、darren@ic.daito.ac.jp

#2 Kath McNiff

Kath McNiff

Advanced Member

• QSR Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • Interests:NVivo, qualitative research, technical communication, social media

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:18 AM

Hi Darren  - thanks for this suggestion. Persisting settings when you close/reopen NVivo is definitely on our radar. Your feedback helps to move it up the priority list :)

So glad you like the default columns for Time, Transcript and Speaker - that suggestion came from the user community.

#3 Darren McDonald

Darren McDonald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Interests:Diversity Management in Japan, Human Resource Management, LGBT Issues in the Workplace, Qualitative Research Methods in Management Studies, Grounded Theory, Social Constructionism, Management Consultancy, Activist-Based Academic Research, Field Research

Posted 12 August 2015 - 12:45 PM

Hello Kath,

I am glad my postings are not an annoyance and actually help move development of functions up the priority list. :P

And what a wonderful Mac user community to come up with the default setting for the columns for Time, Transcript Speaker! :)

I will follow tradition and try to offer such suggestions as well. :)

Cheers! :)

Darren

Darren M. McDonald
Professor (Human Resource Management)
Department of Business Studies & Informatics
Faculty of Business Administration
Daito Bunka University
1-9-1 Takashimadaira, Itabashi-ku, Tokyo. 175-8571
Tel: +81-(0)3-5399-7462
Fax:+81-(0)3-5399-7463
Mobile: +81-(0)80-4625-0818
Email: darren@ja3.so-net.ne.jp or darren@ic.daito.ac.jp

〒175-8571
東京都板橋区高島平1-9-1
大東文化大学経営学部企業システム学科
ダレン・マクドナルド
Darren M. McDonald
Tel: 03-5399-7462   Fax: 03-5399-7463
携帯電話: 080-4625-0818
Email: darren@ja3.so-net.ne.jp また、darren@ic.daito.ac.jp

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: default settings, audio, transcript, layout, settings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users