Casual Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Masters student in Politics and Mass Media
    Nvivo / MA research / Communications and Politics

Posted 19 August 2016 - 10:32 PM

Hi,

I'm currently using Nvivo10 on Windows for my MA thesis.

Having completed all my initial coding (with the aid of the autocoding function) I'm now at the stage of reviewing my findings.

I've attempted to run several basic coding queries and matrix coding queries. However, I have found the results of coding queries to be inaccurate. Notably, key data is missing despite being assigned to the relevant nodes.

To provide an example (For the sake of context, I'm analyzing newspaper texts in the lead up to Brexit) :

If i run a coding query to select all  'Daily Mail articles' AND the theme of 'Security risk' - query results show 32 results. Whereas, data at the node level shows a total of 38 articles.

This happens across the board with various combinations, it seems that the query results omit data despite it being clearly assigned to a node. 

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar issue whilst suing NVivo10? Any suggestions/ solutions would be great!

Many thanks,

R. 

#2 QSR Support

QSR Support

Advanced Member

• QSR Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 01:06 PM

Hi R,

The coding query shows the number of unique coding references. For example, if the same paragraph has been coded by two different users to the same node, coding query will show it as a single reference whereas the node will show 2 references.

If the query is completely omitting data that has been coded to a node, could you please submit a support request form via http://www.qsrinternational.com/customer-support so that we can investigate your project and try to find why this is happening?

Regards,

Bhupesh

QSR Support

QSR International Pty Ltd
2nd Floor, 651 Doncaster Road | Doncaster Victoria 3108 Australia

Find answers to your support questions or raise new support requests online at:

http://www.qsrintern...om/support.aspx

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NVivo 10, windows, coding queries, inaccurate coding results, matrix coding queries

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users