#1 ashamc

ashamc

Casual Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:45 PM

Hi All

I'm quite new to Nvivo so apologies if this issue is answered elsewhere, my searches have so far proved fruitless.

I am trying to create a matrix to compare the number of times two different types of themes are mentioned by my interview participants, in other words when 2 nodes appear in the same case.

My case study is looking at an environmental policy intervention FYI.

In my rows I have selected theme A - the impacts experienced, for example 'My business profits decreased' or 'Nothing changed for me'

In my column I have theme B - evaluations of the project e.g. 'The project was a waste of money' or 'the project was good for the community'

I want to know how many people think both 'My business profits decreased' AND 'The project was a waste of money'. I have already classified them into cases.

When I run this query it only shows me when these two codes overlap in the same statement (exact same text), not when they appear in the same interview.

If anyone could help me I would be forever grateful.

Cheers.

#2 QSR Support

QSR Support

Advanced Member

• QSR Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:15 PM

Hello,

Matrix coding query shows the number of overlaps between the selected items in the rows and columns.

To display the number of cases in the Matrix query coding results, you can change the ‘Cell Content’ by right clicking in the query results and selecting Cell Content -> Cases Coded -> <<name of the classification assigned to Cases>>
The result will now display the number of cases - as opposed to coding references - for each overlapping coding reference in the query result.

Refer to the link below for more information:

Regards,
Sameer

QSR Support

QSR International Pty Ltd
2nd Floor, 651 Doncaster Road | Doncaster Victoria 3108 Australia

Find answers to your support questions or raise new support requests online at:

http://www.qsrintern...om/support.aspx

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: matrix query, Nvivo 11

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users