• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 csarge

csarge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:58 AM

can you use the transcribing program in NVivo with a footpedal? i am specfically considering the : Infinity USB Digital Foot Control with Computer plug (IN-USB2)

#2 QSR Support

QSR Support

Advanced Member

• QSR Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:21 PM

Hi,

We are aware of users being able to successfully use foot pedals with NVivo, however we have not conducted any formal testing.
Generally, users will receive software with their transcription pedals that allow them to configure the pedal for different applications. They will need to follow the instructions provided with their pedal to work with NVivo.

Please refer to the link below for details about one particular brand of foot pedal:

Cheers,
Tane

QSR Support

QSR International Pty Ltd
2nd Floor, 651 Doncaster Road | Doncaster Victoria 3108 Australia

Find answers to your support questions or raise new support requests online at:

http://www.qsrintern...om/support.aspx

#3 csarge

csarge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 09:23 AM

thanks! but im worried about if there's a difference between Mac and Windows versions... the link is for Nvivo Windows

#4 QSR Support

QSR Support

Advanced Member

• QSR Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:26 AM

Hi,

I apologise - I misread the original post.

NVivo for Mac has not had any specific testing done with foot-pedals and we cannot guarantee that it will work. However, if you can find a foot pedal that emulates keyboard presses that can be configured to let you choose what keyboard presses to send then it should work, but as I mentioned previously we cannot say for sure and it is not supported.

Users on the forum may be able to shed some light, or if you have access to a foot pedal you can test that may be the best way to go.

Cheers,

Tane

QSR Support

QSR International Pty Ltd
2nd Floor, 651 Doncaster Road | Doncaster Victoria 3108 Australia

Find answers to your support questions or raise new support requests online at:

http://www.qsrintern...om/support.aspx

#5 Lars

Lars

Casual Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 06:26 PM

Hi,

I'm using NVivo for Mac (10.2.2), an Infinity foot-pedal and a software called USB Overdrive. It works fine for me and might be a solution to try. Today I also found a guide on the topic which proposes the same solution: http://lovemigration...com/tag/nvivo/.

Best regards,

Lars Hedegård

#6 Juan Fraile

Juan Fraile

Casual Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 07:25 PM

I use that Infinity pedal with InqScribe, which it is for free. It works really nice. I recommend use it with the option of skipping 1 second. This command will back up that 1 second before resuming play. 

Regards, 

Juan

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: transcribing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users