#1 Juan Fraile

Juan Fraile

Casual Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 11:28 PM

Hi, 

I can´t believe it happened. After coding 15 interviews, without quitting Nvivo (but saving every hour or so), I saved and quit correctly the program. 

Now, I have the message I attach.

I did a copy of the file. I changed the name and I can open but with only 3 interviews coded (the ones I did the last time I quit Nvivo). 

I can´t believe that after paying a lot of money it happened without doing something wrong.

Any solution?! 

Attached Files

#2 QSR Support

QSR Support

Advanced Member

• QSR Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 10:36 AM

Hi Juan,

This is unusual as this error may appear if you experience a system or application crash whilst your project is open in NVivo for Mac. To see if you can recover, your lost data:

1) In Finder navigate to where your project file was originally located and try locate a file with extension nvpx~

2) Remove the ~ from the extension so that the extension is nvpx and then try opening that file.

Note: if you cannot find a file with extension nvpx~ but find another file with a reference to conflict or conflicting, rename this file so that it has the extension nvpx and then open that file.

Regards,

Andrew

QSR Support

QSR International Pty Ltd
2nd Floor, 651 Doncaster Road | Doncaster Victoria 3108 Australia

Find answers to your support questions or raise new support requests online at:

http://www.qsrintern...om/support.aspx

#3 Juan Fraile

Juan Fraile

Casual Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 07:57 PM

Hi, 

I don´t have any file with ~. 

As I said above, I did a copy of the file. I changed the name and I can open but with only 3 interviews coded (the ones I did the last time I quit Nvivo). 

Summing up, I cannot believe that if I work too much uploading just 12 MS documents and coding them, just saving and without quitting Nvivo and without compacting the file, it won´t work any more... 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users