ACC211

Casual Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 10:20 PM

Dear forum members,

I am using Nvivo in my classroom.

Besides the various discrepancies between the Windows and Mac version, which make it less suited for cooperative class projects than I would like the software to be, there is one serious issue that I found on my Macbook, and that students have also encountered.

The problem is that, when coding a transcript, selecting a part of the text to attach a code results in the entire transcript being selected and thus, coded. This only becomes clear when you turn on the Coding Stripes. Also, in summaries for one specific code, the entire transcript is shown every time.

I did not find this issue in the known bugs document. Does anyone have an idea what may be going on? Thank you for your input.

#2 QSR Support

QSR Support

Advanced Member

• QSR Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 04:10 PM

Hi ACC211,

Can you please check if you are unknowingly selecting Code Sources At instead of Code Selection At.

'Code Sources At' will code the entire source to the node regardless of what you have highlighted whereas 'Code Selection At' will code the highlighted selection to the node. If you're using 'Code Sources At' try 'Code Selection At' instead.

If the issue persists, please submit a support form at: http://www.qsrintern...contact-support and mention this forum post, so we can look into this further.

Regards,

Rahul Gupta

QSR Support

QSR International Pty Ltd
2nd Floor, 651 Doncaster Road | Doncaster Victoria 3108 Australia

Find answers to your support questions or raise new support requests online at:

http://www.qsrintern...om/support.aspx

#3 ACC211

ACC211

Casual Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 10:18 PM

Thank you for the swift reply.

This solved my issue with the coding stripes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users