Photo

Setting up survey data for import with "select all that apply" classifying questions

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 clarerpi

clarerpi

Casual Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:52 AM

I am going to be analyzing some survey data using Nvivo. There are 3 open-ended questions that will be the codeable fields, and 4 classifying fields. My challenge is that for two of the classifying fields (location of work and place of work), these questions were a "select all that apply" type of question, i.e. for the location of work the respondent could select one or more of five areas identified.

I am wondering how best to organize my data for importing into Nvivo so that I can later view my coding by the respondent attributes. Should I have multiple columns with the same question to capture information from those who gave more than one response? Or some other approach?

This is using Nvivo 10 for Windows.

#2 QSR Support

QSR Support

Advanced Member

• QSR Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 03:01 PM

Hello Clare,

In this situation, please check the maximum number of attribute values that have been answered, for example if the maximum number of Location of work is 5 , then please create 5 attribute columns like location 1, location 2 and so on till location 5.

Please follow the same process for Place of work. For users who have selected less then the maximum answers, leave the remaining fields unassigned.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Sameer

QSR Support

QSR International Pty Ltd
2nd Floor, 651 Doncaster Road | Doncaster Victoria 3108 Australia

Find answers to your support questions or raise new support requests online at:

http://www.qsrintern...om/support.aspx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users