• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 csarge

csarge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:20 PM

i have noticed that when I am transcribing, I cannot get the text window to scroll down automatically. so, every time i finish with one line of text, i have to manually scroll down the text window in order to be able to see what I'm typing. are there any settings I can adjust so that the window automatically shows the text i am actually typing, rather than having to manually drag the scroll bar down to see each new line?

#2 QSR Support

QSR Support

Advanced Member

• QSR Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 11:25 AM

Hi,

Does your current transcription row contain a lot of text?

Also, does this happen with all transcripts or just some?

Cheers,

Tane 

QSR Support

QSR International Pty Ltd
2nd Floor, 651 Doncaster Road | Doncaster Victoria 3108 Australia

Find answers to your support questions or raise new support requests online at:

http://www.qsrintern...om/support.aspx

#3 csarge

csarge

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 04:10 PM

happens all the time

#4 QSR Support

QSR Support

Advanced Member

• QSR Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:54 PM

Hi CSarge,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have replicated this issue on in our test environment and have spoken with our technical team. This appears to be an issue with the software. We have now documented it and will be working to rectify this issue in future releases. Unfortunately at this time they have been unable to provide a viable workaround. 

I hope this information is of some use to you.

Cheers

Simon

QSR Support

#5 SurfKing

SurfKing

Casual Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:12 AM

I also have this issue in Nvivo 10.2.1 for Mac. When I have a lot of text in one transcription row especially, I find the text often won't scroll automatically.

I also have an issue where I add a row to a transcription and the view will briefly jump to the top before going back down to the new row. Also, I find that once I reach a certain point in the transcription mode, everything gets really slow. It starts off fine, but I've noticed that I'll add a row and suddenly everything just slows to a crawl.

I'm glad I got a student discount on this and didn't have to pay the full price, because I would have been very disappointed with the value otherwise. Nvivo is good conceptually, but the Mac version is so glitchy that I'm surprised it doesn't have a "Beta" label attached. This user reported this issue in March, it's now August and it still isn't fixed. I'm quite disappointed. 

#6 QSR Support

QSR Support

Advanced Member

• QSR Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 04:19 PM

Hi SurfKing,

So that I can investigate your issue, could you please provide us a recording of what you're experiencing? Submit a support request form at http://bit.ly/1mURVJR  and I can organise to get a recording from you.

Also, create a copy of the sample project by starting NVivo for Mac with the application icon and clicking the Create a copy of the sample project link. Once in the sample project, try to replicate your issue using the media files within that project. Do you get the same issue occurring?

Regards,

Andrew

QSR Support

#7 Lars

Lars

Casual Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 05:47 PM

Hi,

I have a similar issues with NVivo for Mac Version 10.2.2 (1380): both that it doesn't scroll back when I add a row and that after two-three hours of work the software is very slow and "idles" when I jump between rows. I can see that the memory usage increases during the day (peaks at around 1 GB when it start to idel) but I still have plenty of free memory (6-7 GB) so I do not think that "out of memory" is the problem.

Best regards,

Lars

#8 QSR Support

QSR Support

Advanced Member

• QSR Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 09:24 AM

Hi Lars,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. So that I can investigate your issue, could you also  please provide us a recording of what you're experiencing? Submit a support request form at http://bit.ly/1mURVJR  and I can organise to get a recording from you.

Once I have the recording, I will be able to investigate your issue further.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

SImon

QSR Support

#9 Lars

Lars

Casual Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 November 2015 - 12:14 AM

I have submitted a report now. Sorry for being late.

Best regards,

Lars Hedegård

#10 Lars

Lars

Casual Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 09:55 PM

Hello,

I have transcribed a couple of interviews with NVivo 11 for mac and when a transcript entry is longer then 12 rows the software stops to scroll down automatic when adding a new line/row. I have to do it manually to see what I'm typing. Any good workaround?

Best regards,

Lars Hedegård

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users