#1 Administrator

Administrator

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 05:34 PM

Posted: Wed 27/03/2002

I have a rather small project I am working on. I am travelling between two machines at two sites and would like to house the project on a 100 MB zip disk rather than occupy space on two machines. I have had problems placing on zip disks before (in that, getting the second machine to recognize the project file), is there a resource or instruction sheet anyone could recommend for doing this?

Posted: Wed 27/03/2002

There's no problem in working from a zip disk, with the only proviso being the speed of the connection between your zip and your computer. Once you have opened the project on a particular computer, NVivo will recognise it for next time, including the location. If you choose instead to work on the hard drive and use the zip to copy from one computer to another, make sure you have a folder on the zip to copy the project into. NVivo will not allow you to "save as" directly to a drive - it must be to a folder. do check out the general guidance on backing up which is on the FAQ section of the qsr website (http://www.qsrinternational.com)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users