• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ncaudrey

ncaudrey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:23 AM

I have a team of four people who would like to work on the same project simultaneously. I understand this is now possible but my tech support tells me that the NVivo server is a separate product and it requires additional licensure. Is this accurate?

If we cannot afford it, the team will merge projects at the end of each day. Will this work?

Thanks,
Audrey

#2 Kath McNiff

Kath McNiff

Advanced Member

• QSR Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Interests:NVivo, qualitative research, technical communication, social media

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:29 AM

Hi Audrey,

If you want team members to work on a project simultaneously, you'll need to purchase NVivo Server as a separate product. You can read more about it here:

NVivo for Teams

Also, in her post Rebuilding Christchurch, Lyn Lavery suggested some really useful ideas for working in a team using NVivo Server.

Without NVivo Server, you can establish a 'master' project, and then give a copy of the master project to each team member. The team members work in the copied projects while you work in the master project. At regular intervals, import your team members' work into the master project—refer to Import selected content into an open project for more information.

Hope this helps - let us know what approach you decide to take.

Cheers,
Kath

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users