sherretb    0

I am wondering how to select multiple, non-continuous text in NVivo 8 while coding. I am used to using the standard Control + click and drag command that works in many other programs. However, this does not seem to work in NVivo 8.

I would like to be able to select several chunks of text throughout a document for coding using the same nodes. As of now I have to code each of them individually.

mbohlig    0

Hi Ben,

I just asked this question a couple of weeks ago - both on this forum and directly to QSR tech support. I did not get a direct answer to this question, but QSR's response was to expand coding to include all text in the two non-contiguous blocks as well as everything in between. If you find out anything different, please let me know.

Good luck,

Mike.

sherretb    0

Hi Ben,

I just asked this question a couple of weeks ago - both on this forum and directly to QSR tech support. I did not get a direct answer to this question, but QSR's response was to expand coding to include all text in the two non-contiguous blocks as well as everything in between. If you find out anything different, please let me know.

Good luck,

Mike.

Thanks for the help Mike.

I hope there is a better solution than that as coding everything in between isn't really an option in my case.

I will let you know if I find anything out.

Thanks

-Ben

Pat Bazeley    3

No.

The fastest way to add the same code to further passages of text is, probably, to highlight the next passage and click on the tick next to the recently used node slot in the coding toolbar (the last used node will be showing).

Pat

YBG    0

Does anyone know if coding "coding everything in between" still the only way to go in NVIVO 11?