Sign in to follow this  
nilsbraad

Improving the simple text search feature [crtl]+s

nilsbraad    0

I often use text search [crtl] + s to find my way around lengthy interview transcriptions, or to quickly check how a specific phrase was used elsewhere in the interview. But I'm often frustrated by the fact that NVIVO jumps to the transcription after finding the first occurence of the phrase. The transcription has the search phrase highlighted. This means that if I hit [ENTER], expecting to find the next occurence (which is the default in every other word processor or browser I've worked with) I delete the highlighted phrase! As noted in another thread on this forum, pressing [crtl]+z to undo will also reset the sizes of panels within the transcription window. :-(

nilsbraad    0

Related to the above: when doing 'search and replace' ([crtl] +h) you should be returned to the position in the document at which you started the 'search and replace' which is really annoying because you have to find your own way back to where you were, because NVIVO (again unlike other programs with a similar function) leaves at the place where the last replacement was made.