clarerpi

Setting up survey data for import with "select all that apply" classifying questions

clarerpi    0
I am going to be analyzing some survey data using Nvivo. There are 3 open-ended questions that will be the codeable fields, and 4 classifying fields. My challenge is that for two of the classifying fields (location of work and place of work), these questions were a "select all that apply" type of question, i.e. for the location of work the respondent could select one or more of five areas identified.

I am wondering how best to organize my data for importing into Nvivo so that I can later view my coding by the respondent attributes. Should I have multiple columns with the same question to capture information from those who gave more than one response? Or some other approach?

This is using Nvivo 10 for Windows.

QSRSupport    75

Hello Clare,

In this situation, please check the maximum number of attribute values that have been answered, for example if the maximum number of Location of work is 5 , then please create 5 attribute columns like location 1, location 2 and so on till location 5.

Please follow the same process for Place of work. For users who have selected less then the maximum answers, leave the remaining fields unassigned.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Sameer