Becky

Altering Excel spreadsheet while retaining coding?

Becky    0

I have imported an excel spreadsheet into NVivo as a source document. I have coded to this document, but now I want to look at just a portion of it. Is it possible to delete or hide some of the rows, while retaining the coding in the other rows? Or, is it possible to export it as an excel spreadsheet with the coding in, and then I could change in excel and upload as a new project? Thank you! 

QSRSupport    75

Hi Becky, 

You’re not able to edit your dataset within NVivo to delete rows, but you can filter your data set to only show the rows that you’re interested in. You can also hide columns if you don’t wish to see all your columns. You can find instructions on how to do this at the following link http://help-nv11mac.qsrinternational.com/desktop/procedures/filter_sort_and_customize_datasets.htm

Regards,

Heather

• Like 1

Becky    0

Thanks Heather. Can I do this while retaining the coding just for the rows I have filtered too though? So I have 500 rows with 3000 coding references. Can I somehow look at just 200 and see the accompanying 1000 coding references? Thanks. Becky