JHP

How to recover an accidentally deleted project, from a backup file .nvb

JHP    0

Hi guys,

I accidentally deleted my entire project! although I still have a backup file( .nvb) I guess....how can I recover my project from there, does anyone know how ?

PLZ help

QSRSupport    75

Hi,
I have attached a corrupt dummy project with this email to help you recover the project from the nvb file. Download and save this file to your computer and then attempt to open it in NVivo. You will be presented with an option to recover from a project recovery file.  Select your nvb file to recover the project.

I also want to make you aware of some of the reasons why project corruption can occur. A project can become corrupted if:
o    If you are storing your NVivo project using a Cloud storage provider like Dropbox, Google Drive or similar, please ensure that file synchronisation is paused or turned OFF while you are working with your project in NVivo. Please refer to the link below for some important information regarding sharing and working with NVivo project files using Dropbox or similar services:http://www.qsrinternational.com/nvivo-support/faqs/what-do-i-need-to-be-aware-of-when-sharing-or-stor
o    The project file is on a network location and the network connection becomes unavailable for some unknown reason.
o    The computer is shutdown abruptly or has gone into power saving (sleep) mode while NVivo is still running.
o    There is spyware or malware on the computer or the external USB drive where the project file is stored.
o    The project is not saved in a Windows folder when working on a Mac.

If you store projects on an external drive like a USB device, memory stick or external hard disk, it is suggested you don't work off these external drives. Instead:
1.    Copy the project file to your local computer.
2.    Work on the project from a local drive on the computer.
3.    Save the updated project back to the external drive when done.

Please refer to the following FAQ for more information about working from a USB device or memory stick: http://www.qsrinternational.com/support_faqs_detail.aspx?view=311
It is highly recommended to perform regular backup of any project files that you have created. This will be invaluable if your data becomes corrupt, you suffer a hard drive failure or you experience a different critical issue. Please refer to the following FAQ link for more information: http://www.qsrinternational.com/Support/FAQs/How-do-I-move-or-back-up-a-project-in-NVivo

Cheers,
Tane

NV11CorruptProject(for restoring project backups).nvp

JHP    0

Thanks a lot, your support is among the best!