mmkarpinski

Removing duplicate/similar sources

mmkarpinski    1

Hi,

I'm looking at importing several thousand of documents into NVivo. I know that there will be duplicate sources under different names. Is there a way of removing these duplicate sources (in bulk) upon import or once all documents have been imported?

I am NOT merging two NVivo projects. This is a new project. I'm looking at reducing the number of documents by first elliminating duplicates or extremely similar documents from the analysis.

Thanks,

Maciej Karpinski, Ph.D.

QSRSupport    75

Hi Maciej,

NVivo won’t be able to automatically merge and delete and duplicate sources in your project. It would be best for you to go through the process of eliminating any duplicate sources before importing into NVivo.

Having a large number of unorganised sources in an NVivo project can cause performance issues. It would be best to organise your documents into folders, and you may wish to import your documents in batches. Importing a large number of documents at the same time will take some time to complete and could cause NVivo to hang.

Please also be aware that standalone NVivo 11 projects have a 10GB file size limit and project performance can be affected as you approach this limit. If you need more information, please fill out a support request form at http://www.qsrinternational.com/nvivo-support/contact-support and we’ll be happy to assist.

Regards,

Heather